Metropolitan Real Estate is pleased to offer the opportunity for residents to have pets under the following terms and conditions:
General Pet Policy
- Property owners determine if they will allow pets, or not. This is listed in the property information for each hom and is not deviated from. Please note that there is a limit of 2 pets, unless property owner provides written special authorization.
- All pets must be listed on the lease of the home.
- All pets must be registered and immunized consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
- Pets are not allowed to be tied to any part of the property.
- All damage as a result of pets is the responsibility of the resident.
- At the end of tenancy, the resident is responsible for having a flea treatment performed by a licensed exterminator and supply a copy of the receipt to Birch Management.
- Any pet that is considered a "vicious breed" in the Landlord's sole discretion shall not be allowed. Included, but not limited to, in these breeds are:
- Pit Bulls
- German Shepherds
- Mixtures of any above
- "Non-traditional" caged pets that are allowed include:
- Hermit crabs
- Ordinary fish
- Small birds
- "Non-traditional" pets that are not allowed include:
Costs Associated with Traditional Pets
- Non-refundable pet fee of $150 per pet due prior to move-in
- Additional rent of $20 per pet per month
- Fees for allowed "non traditional" caged pets vary, please inquire
Complete terms and conditions of all permitted pets is contained in the lease and should be reviewed prior to submitting an application for a property. All conditions contained herein are subject to change by the landlord.